HALLOWEEN 2015: INSPIRATION

23:24


One of my favourite times of year is approaching! I adore fancy dress so whenever I get the opportunity to dress up, I'm all over that like a car b. I've been looking for some inspo on Pinterest for several weeks and thought I'd put together this post of what I think are good ideas for the big event. I don't know if anyone would really be interested in this, but it will at least help me sort my ideas into one place! 


I really wanted to do something heavily make-up orientated this year, so every example in this post feature some beautifully artistic looks whether that be complex or simple. My first idea is something with this cool scaling effect. Initially I thought alien/extra terrestrial, I think the scaling looks really effective, especially in the different colours like the image below. 


Then I came across some mermaid designs on Pinterest and immediately fell in love with the idea (I've always wanted to grow up to be a mermaid) 




But how can I make this more Halloween-y?

I'm super glad I found @beeisforbeeauty via Pinterest! I love this look for Halloween. It's probably the one I'm going to go for but make a few changes to suit. It's the hook that makes this look Halloween ready but I feel the actual hook itself will annoy me far too much. I'd be very consious of something stuck to my cheek and paranoid of it catching and falling off, ruining the whole look, we just won't go there. Soooo, I'm thinking of just doing the fleshy, bloody cut from the corner of my mouth as if I've been hooked and dragged and as a result it's ripped my mouth. Kind of similar to the Joker. Flesh wounds can be created with liquid latex and/or modelling wax for skin. I'm also loving the use of colours in the scales and how the scales are placed randomly and not all over the face. 


I found out that the scales are done by stretching a piece of net tights or gloves or material over the chosen area and dabbing eye-shadow or body paint over the top.


I also really like the placing of these scales, but I would use the metallic purples and blues like the first image. False eyelashes are a definite must to really make the eyes pop. I've seen some cheap ones in Primark that I could layer up and experiment with. The use of the cosmetic lenses here is really effective and adds to the Halloween freaky feel but as I need to wear regular contact lenses anyway, cosmetic lenses won't work on me - ahh blind people problems.


I'm also slightly intrigued by these. I understand it's tights..somehow... It looks really effective with the scaling anyway. I'd have to grab some falsies from Primark are shape them into these long talons to complete the effect.


As for other eye-makeup and lips, I'm not sure what to do. This is really beautiful but I'm not entirely sure how I'd pull it off. More Pinteresting is obviously needed here. 


And what to wear? Black Milk do leggings like these but I found some for less than half the price on eBay. I was thinking a tight floor length skirt to give the illusion of a tail but I know on a night out a tight skirt would just be too restricting and I'd definitely end up tripping over onto the alcohol soaked carpet.. Naat good, naat good. 


My other idea was the skull candy look. I think that you can be really creative with the use of colours and the design itself, it can be really unique and complex or simple as you like. Here are a few examples that I found that I'm really loving. I especially love the half and half looks.


I love how simple but effective this look is, especially with the added floral hairband. 






Here are some other ideas that I probably won't do myself but they are a range of super creepy, complex designs to Halloween looks that are simple to create. I hope that if you're stuck for ideas on what to be this year, this provides you with a little inspo! All pictures on this post were found on Pinterest and full credit goes to the owners, but I'd love to try to do a tutorial of my own version of any of these if anyone would like to know how they are done, just drop me a cheeky message!
















You Might Also Like

0 comments