Magnitone Pulsar | Summer skin review

12:37


I was lucky enough to be gifted the Magnitone Pulsar, an advanced daily skincare brush. You may have read my introduction to the Pulsar review, I apologise if I repeat any of the information or opinions in this final review of the product. The difference with this review is that I am writing this at the end of my 7 day challenge, having used the Pulsar morning and evening, applied fake tan and used the Pulsar for removing excess tan.  



What does the Pulsar do?
The Pulsar is a three in one daily skincare brush. It uses electronic vibrations along with your favourite skincare cleanser against the skin to cleanse the skin free of excess make up, fake tan and to bring all the dirt and grime to the surface and sweep it away. It also tones the skin for a firmer, more youthful feel and gently exfoliates to remove dry skin. 

Unboxing


Let's start with what you receive with your Magnitone Pulsar. In the box (which is a very nice box, I have a thing for nice boxes) you get your Pulsar, two changeable brush heads, a wireless charging cradle, charging lead and European adapter. You also receive a fully detailed instruction booklet, a £5 voucher for replacement brush heads and a chart describing what the different brush heads are for. 



As I said, the brush heads are interchangeable, the larger head is for the body, the bristles are slightly coarse and wider apart but still beautifully soft. The smaller brush head is for use on your face, the bristles are much softer, closer together and more gentle for use on the face. They simple rotate and snap into place.


It's super easy to charge. The Pulsar will tell you when it is running low on battery.

Magnitone for face

The 7 day challenge involves using the Pulsar morning and night for 7 days in order to see a change in your skin's quality. The Pulsar does not come with any cleansers for you to use with it, which is a good thing because this means you can pick your own product that best suits your skin type. For example, I chose to use Witch's Oil Control Foaming Face Wash to assist my combination skin. The foam is great also because the vibrations of the Pulsar allow the foam to lather up, meaning less product is wasted. As if my skin wasn't smooth enough after just one use, but I proceeded to use Nip + Fab's Dragon's Blood Fix Plumping Serum to make my skin feel just like a baby's bottom!

The Pulsar has 4 settings that you can choose from. The bottom option is the sensitive option, it is recommended that you use this for the first few uses of the Pulsar to get your skin used to the exfoliation. The next setting is the deep clean, again for the face, you may wish to select this one after you're comfortable your skin has adjusted well for an even deeper clean. I will talk about the other settings in the 'Magnitone for body' section below. You'll need to attach the smaller, softer brush head for this. For those with sensitive skin, you may wish to use your £5 voucher to purchase the special brush head specifically for sensitive skin. However, I find the brush head Magnitone provides with the set to be beautifully soft and fine for the sensitive areas of my skin. Of course, you simply need to place the Pulsar head onto your skin and gently glide it over your skin with minimal pressure.

As I mentioned, after one use I felt the small raised pores on my T-Zone were reduced in size and felt almost completely flattened out. After using the Pulsar for 7 days, these areas have remained smooth throughout the day and foundation has not accumulated in these areas or highlighted the pores like it normally does, prior to using the Pulsar. This is almost like a miracle to me, as I've always struggled with keeping my make-up looking looking good in these areas, I thought it was down to the foundation but really my skin just needed a thorough exfoliate with the Pulsar!

Magnitone for body

The body exfoliator is similar to the face brush in the way that it gets deep into pores to remove dirt as well as making skin firmer, improving circulation and exfoliating dry skin ready for fake tan application. I used some regular drugstore body scrubs that I found in my toiletries drawer with the Pulsar. The two are pictured above. The Creamy Coconut scrub is good for all over and the Fearne Cotton Body Polish is rougher and so great for the drier areas of the skin. I love this product as it's super scratchy, which I love! You don't need to use a body scrub with the Pulsar, a regular body wash or cleanser may be exfoliating enough for you, but I thought I'd throw in some extra exfoliation by using these products. 

Same as the face brush, you simply click on the head and press onto one of the top two options. The option that looks a bit like an infinity sign gives a massaging effect, which vibrates on and off to stimulate the skin, I found this one felt really nice against the skin. The second option down is the regular body option. I don't really know how to describe how it's different to the facial settings. It sounds different so I guess it vibrates faster or something? It's a tougher option for use on the body's tougher and less sensitive skin to really get rid of that pesky dry skin! 

Again, like using the Pulsar on my face, the results of using the Pulsar on my body were just as outstanding! I have really ugly raised pores on my chest and neck, the Pulsar made them less visible after just one use! I also have visible pores on the sides of my calves, that have also become less visible after going the full 7 days of the challenge! 


Magnitone specifically wanted me to focus on how the Pulsar aids the application of fake tan. Being a huge fake tan lover, this was something I was desperate to try!  After using the Pulsar, I applied the Boni Sands' Dark Foam with a tanning mitt. Immediately I felt the tan glided on much smoother than usual and did not cling to awkward places of skin like elbows and the shoulder/armpit join. 

After a few days the tan normally goes a bit patchy and starts to come off in a really unattractive manner, but it seemed, due to the exfoliation of the Pulsar, the tan lasted longer on my skin and felt smoother for longer! 

Tan usually clings to the pores on my chest and this has been improved slightly with the Pulsar. I have only used the Pulsar for 7 days, I've seen with some skin types it may take a little longer to and consistent use to dramatically improve the skin. I'm sure this area of skin will continue to improve the more I use the fantastic Pulsar! 




To sum up, after using the Pulsar for 7 days I have really started to see a difference in my skin. After each use my skin has felt smoother than before, creating the perfect base for make-up and fake tan. Make-up and fake tan used to cling to pores and look really awful after a couple hours/days, now since using the Pulsar both last longer. I'm confident, after seeing the results after just 7 days that my skin will continue to improve as I keep using the device. It's a simple product to incorporate into your daily skin care routine as it only takes one minute to exfoliate your whole face, it lets you know when the minute is up and you're good to go!

I really recommend this product to anyone who is either at a loose end with their skin care and is desperate to find something that actually works or to those who want to improve what they already have an try something different. 

Thank you to Magnitone for letting me be a part of their #SummerSkin campaign in order to create this review! 

B x

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I so jealous, this looks amazing for really cleansing your skin,

    I love your blog so much that I featured you in my monthly shoutout, thank you for following me on Bloglovin :)
    bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/monthly-shoutout-6.html

    ReplyDelete