Pink hair, don't care

17:56


Most of my most favourite bloggers (Leanne Lim-Walker, InTheFrow) have pink hair so of course I wanted it too! I found this product hidden in The Body Shop - the last place I'd expect to find such a product. I wasn't sure if pink hair would suit me or work in my brassy blonde hair so I didn't want to spend a fortune getting it dyed professionally nor did I want to have it done permanently and then hate it! So this little pot of temporary hair chalk retailing at only £5 seemed the perfect trial :) 




Amount used on first application


I didn't have high hopes that this product was going to be that vibrant on my hair because my hair is far from bleach blonde but I was pleasantly surprised as you can see from the images above it's clearly pink! Perhaps more peachy in places but I'm happy with the colour. The photos don't show it that well but the colour is more prominent on the very tips where I had a bleach dip-dye last year. However, even after applying hairspray to seal the powder in as instructed on the packet, a couple hours later I noticed the colour was literally half as bright as it was! A little disappoint in this as I expected it to last for my birthday night out tonight! I don't understand how it's faded, I'm guessing the powder is just constantly falling off as a lot has transferred onto my white top... More hairspray next time perhaps! I'm yet to wash my hair so I don't know how well it will wash out completely with shampoo. I'm also wondering if the colour would stay in better if you don't condition your hair before applying it? 

I decided to colour my hair up to about my ears at the front and not so much towards the back, which used a lot of the product. You have to press the strand of hair against the chalk with your thumb and slide it down the length of the hair a couple times to achieve the desired colour. I think this method means a lot of the product is wasted on your fingers. It would definitely be easier and less wasteful if the chalk was in a block like standard chalk which you could just effectively colour in your hair with. 

When I washed my hands the water was completely pink so this gives an indication of how much was wasted on my fingers but also how easily it washes off, which is good. My hands still had a pink tinge to them even after a couple washes but not noticeable, I expect the blue version would make a more visible stain! 

Overall I think the product is great if you want to try out a different colour (also available in blue as I've said) on your hair before going all out and having it done more permanently. It's affordable, relatively easy to apply and convenient for touch ups on the go. I do recommend trying it, I'm glad I did as I love the pink hair look so I'm going to purchase Bleach London's Rose semi permanent colour and try that out! 

I hope this review was helpful :) 



You Might Also Like

0 comments