From USA to UK: The most natural looking bronzer

12:19



I've been lucky enough to recently discover Art On It makeup. Whilst creating some lovely products, the brand quite literally puts art on their makeup, offering some very beautiful and unique designs to their packaging - anyone who follows me on Instagram will know how much of a sucker I am for cute packaging. I think a really great bronzer is very hard to find due to most of them being far too orange, so I have been very intrigued to try out the Art On It Poudre d Soleil Compact Bronzer Duo. Read on as I explain why this is my new favourite bronzer.








I don't think I need to stress how cool the packaging is, right?! So, with this bronzer from Art On It Makeup, you get the duo bronzer in a lighter and darker shade, a little brush to apply with and a pull string velvet bag to store your compact in - I believe all cosmetics from Art On It come with this little bag which is a really luxurious touch. 

Gimme some colour, sugar!
The main reason why I chose the bronzer is, as I've said, it is difficult to find a great bronzer. I like Benefit's Hoola for summer months when my skin is a little darker because I find this one a tad too orange on my pale skin in the dead of winter. I also really like New CND Cosmetics' compact bronzer as it is not orangey what so ever but can appear too dark if I'm wanting a more natural look for every day (read the review here). I can gladly say that Art On It Compact Bronzer is so perfect for my skin tone and can imagine it being suitable all year round. 

Sometimes it is difficult to capture the try colour of things in images, especially on dull days like the one I took these images on, but I hope you can appreciate how natural looking both colours in the bronzer are. The first two swatches were made by two applications using my finger and the third is blended in with a fluffy brush. I like the level of pigmentation, it is not as dark as the CND, which I like as it appears more natural and easily buildable. I would say, however, I'm not a fan of the brush that was supplied. I feel it is too stiff and resulted in a hard line on my face that had to be blended out with another brush. If you're looking for a dramatic look for a night out or even if you're taking photos for your own blog and need your make up to stand out, then the brush supplied is perfect for this. I used the Zoeva Silk Finish 102 brush to lightly apply the product to my cheek bones and blended this out with the Zoeva Powder 105 brush (the larger of the two pictured) which resulted in a really great finish. I used the darker shade closer to my hair line and lighter the further I went in. I did use the little included brush for the contours on my nose as it is thin, but used a very sparing amount of product and blended out well with the 102 brush. I used the fluffy powder brush to apply the lighter shade to my temples. The first image shows the finished effect, however I have just returned from holiday and caught the sun a little on my forehead, making the colouring look a little uneven, so please try to ignore that!

Overall I'm really fond of this product. I probably won't use the supplied brush much but that is not a problem as of course you can use any brush with a bronzer. The colours of the duo are so natural I'd even use them as an eye shadow base colour. It is really buildable too at the same time as being perfectly pigmented. If you're after a natural bronzer, have a look at this American brand and check out their other products too, you might find something revolutionary for your make up bag. Art On It Makeup are from the States, yes, but the bronzer came extremely well packaged in less than a week to the UK - cannot complain! 

c/o Art On It Makeup / Poudre de Soleil Cassidy's Sun Duo Bronzer / $59 
(Approx £45 depending on exchange rate)

You Might Also Like

1 comments