NOT JUST ANY OLD EARRING

22:29


You're probably aware of the increasingly different types of earrings that are around today. From the traditional chandelier to the new craze of the dermal punch jewellery. But what suits us best? This post is going to look at some hoopsstuds and cuffs which I was lucky enough to be sent from Touchstone Accessories to blog about. So this is the start of my blogging collaboration using this set of samples. Today's post will explain the simple art of choosing the right earrings to complement your style, complexion and face shape! When buying earrings, we probably tend to pick up anything that we initially like - of course there is nothing wrong with this! But if you want to make to most of your facial features with the help of earrings, read on..

METALS
To begin, I think it's important to mention different metals. Most costume jewellery are  not made from precious metals such as gold and silver, which can be a problem if you have sensitive ears or skin. Costume or not, we can still consider what colour metal suits us best. Whilst anyone can pull off either colour, golds tend to compliment all you warm toned Jasmines beautifully and silvers are perfect for the Snow Whites out there. Having said that, you can also look at that in reverse. Snow Whites might find that adding a gold piece to their look will bring some warmth to their complexion, which is definitely something I find is true for me. 

HOOPS



Hoops are what I see as a "classic-modern" earring. They were super popular when I was a kid and they're still being worn today. My hoop collection has certainly grown since my first pair of little baby sleepers in the early 2000s. Like any earring, this style can be worn by anyone. Ladies with square faces or beautifully chiselled jaw lines, will be able to soften their look with the help of rounded hoops, like these silver triangle and stone hoops. 

Silver Triangle & Stone Hoops / Treasures (Store Twenty One) / £4 

STUDS




There's not really a specific facial shape that studs compliment more than others - they simply work for everyone! They are definitely the earring of choice I reach for just as a simple, classy addition to any outfit, especially the studs pictured above. The silver graduated stars are a play on the classic stud where it gives the effect of having multiple lobe piercings.

3 pack Sparkle Floral Studs / Treasures (Store Twenty One) / £4
Silver Graduated Star Pack / Select Fashion / £2.50

CUFFS


Similar, to studs, cuffs can be worn by anyone. They simply hook onto the top of the ear. I think cuffs look especially stunning on ladies with pixie/one sided short hair cuts as it really shows off the beauty of the jewellery. I don't have short hair but I will be showing off this piece when my hair is tied up or pinned back. Cuffs are a new type of earring, I've found it takes some looking to spot them on the high street. Since they're not often see, I think they're a real quirky, eye catching piece. This cuff in particular is brilliant because you can adjust it to comfortably fit around your ear by gently squeezing. 

Bling Ear Cuff / Select Fashion / £4

OTHERS
I thought I should mention about long, dangle earrings. These work best for round faces in order to elongate the face. If you have a heart shaped face, you'll look gorgeous wearing structured or elegant chandelier styles. You can count yourself lucky if your face is oval shaped as most earring types looks fabulous on you! 

I hope this small and simple guide to the perfect earrings has been of some interest to you. I would like to thank Touchstone Accessories for providing me with the stunning samples to base this post on! If you are interested in any of the pieces, I have labelled them above and you can get social with Touchstone Accessories by clicking the links below!

Touchstone Accessories: Facebook / Twitter / Instagram


B x



You Might Also Like

0 comments