Bleach your hair... with lemons!

14:25


Summer is coming! And your hair can also make the most of those summer months! When you read this post, you'll either be like "duh, everyone knows that" or completely amazed, I'm thinking...
It was actually my hairdresser who mentioned this to me before I went on holiday. She explained that the lemons attract the sun and act as a bleaching agent for hair. It works best on blonde hair, particularly when in some really hot sunny weather. It is important not to use this concoction every day you're out in the sun as it can be drying.


So, grab your favourite conditioner and squeeze about 3 parts conditioner to 1 part lemon juice into an empty bottle. A spray bottle is most effective, I used a travel bottle since I was going on holiday for a week and wouldn't be needing loads. The conditioner I chose was Auzzie's Beach Mate regular conditioner. I've not used this particular one before, but since they didn't have my usual Frizz-Ease conditioner in Superdrug, I went for this one. It smells lovely, as all Auzzie products do. Anything too pungent may smell funny when mixed with lemon.




Next, grab a lemon, cut it in half and juice it using a dish thing like this or a spoon or something.


Pour the juice into your spray bottle that has to conditioner in, being careful non of the pips fall in! If you're really fussy, you can use a sieve to drain the liquid from the bits. 


Give it a good shake and you're done! On a holiday (or during a hot spell in England, if we're lucky), spritz this onto your hair, I sprayed it just on the ends of my ombre hair. I used it every other day on holiday and I saw a real difference to the colour of my hair! Also, remember this can be quite drying, so don't use it every day and be sure to treat your hair to some lovin' in the shower. But it's easy to prepare and apply, so give it a go! 

T'adaah!

B x






You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I have used a similar method on my arm hairs in the past and it works great, such a great natural way to lighten hair without harsh chemicals.
    bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hair is so gorgeous! I have blonde dip dye as well so will definitely try this X

    The Fashion Road

    ReplyDelete