MAGNITONE PULSAR | FIRST THOUGHTS

16:25


I was lucky enough to be gifted Magnitone's pulsar to review how it aids the application of fake tan, exfoliates and smooths natural tan and how it helps eliminate symptoms of shaving such as skin irritation. This post will briefly review what I think of the product so far and how it works. So if you were thinking of getting a Magnitone Pulsar to perfect your skin, this mini review might help to answer some of your questions. 


The Magnitone Pulsar is an advanced electronic exfoliating brush, with multiple settings for you to perfect your skin. It challenges you to use the Pulsar for 7 days, after which you should see an improvement to your skin.




The Pulsar has four settings, the selected setting is identified by the green light behind one of the above symbols. The smallest, 'bracket' symbol is the sensitive setting, the instructions say to use this for the first few days or with the separately sold sensitive brush head to get your skin used to the product. The next size up is a deep clean, and the largest bracket symbol is for body. The forth and final option is a massaging setting which pulsates against the skin. You switch between the options by pressing the small round button below the ON/OFF. 


The Pulsar comes with two heads, to use depending on which setting you want. The larger is for body and the smaller is for using on the face. The face brush is softer and the bristles are closer together, compared to the body brush which is slightly more coarse but still comfortably soft. Changing the brush heads is really easy, they rotate and click into place. It's important to rinse them of product after use to keep them clean and working correctly.



No product (cream/solution) comes with the Pulsar to use with it, the instructions simply say to use your favourite. Which I think is a good idea because you can use a product that suits your skin. For example, I use Witch's Oil Control Foaming Face Wash because I have combination skin, this works really well. When I use the body brush, I use a drugstore's own body scrub for extra exfoliation.

Magnitone want me to be review how well the Pulsar works with fake tan. The first time I used the Pulsar, it completely cleared my skin of any remaining tan and left it feeling smooth, after just one use.  Even using special tan remover products or exfoliating gloves, doesn't always get all the tan off and certainly not as quickly and easily as the Pulsar did. I then proceeded to apply my fake tan. My favourite tan at the moment is Bondi Sands, it's a relativity new product to the UK, shipped over from Australia and sold in Superdrug and Feel Unique (you can get a free tanning mitt with BS purchases from Feel Unique at the moment and watch out for a full review of this product). So I used Bondi Sands' Dark Foam straight after using the Pulsar and it immediately seemed to go on smoother. Sometimes the tan sticks or is hard to blend in some areas such as around the armpit but I didn't seem to have this problem after using the body brush head on the Pulsar. So I am already impressed by this and look forward to see how this improves further.

After applying the tan (and in places I didn't apply tan) I used Nip + Fab's Yoga Blend body lotion (which smells amazing) to treat my skin because it may be in a little shock after the deep exfoliation. Magnitone say it is normal for skin, especially on the face, to change unfavourably after the first few uses of the Pulsar, simply because the brushes are bringing all the dirt and grime to the surface and gradually clearing it away. So don't be alarmed if you discover breakouts, this stage will pass if you continue with the product. On my face, I continued with my usual cleanser regime and applied Nip + Fab's Dragon's Blood Fix Plumping Serum.

So far I have been using the Pulsar in the evening when I come to take my make up off and have a shower, because I don't tend to have time in the mornings at the moment. It it also really good for removing excess make up you may have missed when using your regular make up remover. The box says you can use it mornings and evenings which I will try to do now I am free most days this week. Sometimes I feel it is nice to treat your skin before bed and apply a nice moisturiser as it can get to work over night. It's also beneficial to do so in the mornings to aid the application of make up. 

This "short" review has actually turned out to be pretty lengthy... but I hope it has been of some use to anyone thinking of purchasing a really great exfoliator. Like me, you may feel at a dead end with your skin care routine, where nothing is making any difference so you'd jump at the chance of trying something completely new and different like the Magnitone Pulsar. 

I will be writing a full review after the 7 day challenge but in the mean time if you'd like to get started on your own skin improvement routine click here to purchase yours direct from Magnitone or here from Boots.  


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This is going to give the Clarisonic a run for its money, sounds amazing

    Thank you for following me on Bloglovin, I love your blog so much that I have featured you in my Monthly Shoutout!
    http://bubbasdoll.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/monthly-shoutout-5.html

    ReplyDelete