Writer's Block: 10 easy things to blog about when you're feeling lazy

16:39


I'm writing this now becauase I am going through one of those phases where I am completely stuck on what to blog about. I haven't posted in a while and feel bad for neglecting my blog in favour of university and work lately, and now I'm too busy to create big set ups and can't be bothered to take pictures for an outfit post. I've been looking for inspiration from other blogs, Pinterest etc and now have a few ideas I can make happen over the next few posts. Since I was looking for help, I thought I'd make a post offering that help to my future lazy-blogger self. Hopefully someone else can benefit from this list too.

1. Latest buys or month favourites
This can just be a mini haul of everything you have bought recently. If you're strapped for time or bother, just pick your favourite buys, readers aren't going to mind if you forget to picture your Head & Shoulders shamp. If you're feeling super lazy, lay our your items on a clear space (I like to use the wooden flooring and turn it white using Facetune), take a group shot for the head image and maybe zoom in on a couple of the products for a few extra pics. Bash in a few opinions and post! Quick and easy!

2. Life hacks
Maybe you've come across a really cool idea that makes your life a little bit easier, or a cheap and easy way to make your bedroom look hella' marble, share it with your readers! I'm actually planning a post about thrifting and upcycling. This is really easy as it doesn't require much thought, just a quick explanation of whatever your hack is and maybe a picture or two. If it is something you can't physically picture, lay out of couple of your posessions or pretty products. If it is to do with blogging, maybe include your laptop, iPad, a notebook and pen or something like that - love all that stationary shiz.

3. Going somewhere? 
If you're going on holiday or just a weekend away, while you're packing, take some pictures! I love to see what people take away with them and how they do this. With spring/summer coming along, this is gonna be a post most of us are gonna wanna read and create. 

4.  Been somewhere?
Whether it was just a trip out for the day, visiting a beach, a country walk or a shopping day, take some snaps, upload them all and give your readers a little diary entry about your day out. If you want, take an outfit post to go with it. If you can't do it yourself with a tripod or something, just get someone else to take it. I find simply turning away from the camera, looking into the distance or into a shop window, is a quick and easy way to get a decent outfit post without having to endure 100's of retakes because your lipstick wasn't on right. 

5. Review something unusual
 If you're used to reviewing makeup products and are getting fed up with the usual 'it blends well, it's pigmented' etc, which can get a bit repetative and uninspiring, do a special review on something completely different. In the past I have reviewed my dressing table with lots of pictures and added links to matching or similar items from the place I bought it from. Also try camera reviews, if you think you produce HQ photographs, tell everyone about it, I'm sure there would be someone wondering how you get such great images. 

6. Your favourite apps
Show readers how you edit your pictures, include screenshots or maybe a video on how you use the apps. Demonstrate what features the app has, show before and after images. This one may take a little longer if you choose to go all out, but you can make this post as detailed or brief as you like. I think people are always interested in how people edit their pictures, so I'm sure this would be a big hit if you're stuck on what to post next. 

7. Wishlist
A major cop out but a really easy post to throw together in a couple of minutes. You don't even need to take any pictures! Have a browse on some clothes websites, decor stores or even holiday sites, screen shot or save the image and slap it right into your blog post with a big 'I WANT'! I am a bit dismissive with this sort of post, but if you have an active readership, it could be quite helpful to someone who is looking for something - you may just introduce them to the right place. This could also work for a gift guide. If you don't want to disturb the look of your blog with someone else's images, next time you go shopping take some pictures of things you like and put them in the post instead. 

8. Outfit post without the fit
Again, if you're looking for a relatively quick way to update your blog but don't want to be bothered with dressing up, putting your best makeup on etc, then grab your outfit selections and lay them out on the floor instead. I like to use some marble or white wood effect vinyl just spread on the floor as my backdrop for this. You can get it from Wilko or Amazon or eBay for about £5. You could lay the clothes out properly or neatly fold them. Since getting some of those copper hangers from Primark, it looks nice to hang outfits from those on a rail or off the top of a wardrobe. Easy!

9. Bedroom/home tour 
This is a super easy one because the things you're going to be picturing are already set up! Literally just go around whatever room and take some close up snaps of any sweet little trinkets and ornaments as well as a wide angle view of the whole room. I recently did this with my bedroom and it worked well for a quick and easy post. If you don't want to do it on your own house, check out a furniture shop like Next or Dunelm and take some photos of how they have set out their home products for some inspo.

10. Vent about an issue
I'm doing a masters course and I've come across a subject I'm really interested in about how social media actually makes us unhappy (ironic, I know), so I'm going to take a few sections out of my recent essay on this matter and post onto here as I think it is really interesting. Maybe think about what interests you, perhaps a news story has recently sparked your attention or something you've experienced at work or school that you thought was or wasn't fair or good. Just type it into Google and do a little research, no need to go deep into the scholary sites like I have to with uni, but have a look at a couple articles and put together your own article, venting your own opinions or frustrations with whatever you've chosen. I think it is all too easy to post about the latest foundation, your newest skirt, where you're off to on holiday. Just have a go at talking about something a little less materialistic and see what happens. 

I think the key to blogging is producing high quality content, so by no means do these suggestions suggest to get any old crap out there just to make a post. There are ways in which you can create a good looking, well informative blog post without having to put in a whole day's worth of effort - not all of us are full time bloggers. Hopefully these suggestions on what to post when you're super stuck will help inspire you to post something great with ease. 

What is your go-to post when you have the dreaded blogger's block?
Do you have any more suggestions?

 

You Might Also Like

0 comments