Winter Party Outfit Inspo

12:17


I've got a couple events coming up before the warmer months hit so I was well due a big order to hunt for potential outfits. Until it is actually around 20 degrees, you will only find me wrapped up to my neck in cosy knits and oversized sweats, just the thought of baring any skin at all is far too chilling. So for that reason, I tried to pick a selection of outfits that covered as much skin as possible, without looking like I've just arrived in my onsie! I hope you'll find some inspo from this post and find my reviews useful.







This is probably one of my favourite dresses that I ordered. I like it because it still shows your arms, without feeling the chill. The embroidery detail is gorgeous too and a really popular trend lately, it seems to be on everything. I'm not sure if the pictures fully pick up the colours, but the dress itself is a neutral cream colour with beautiful champagne thread - love this little touch.  I think the length is good with this one, I don't like dresses to come below or on the knee because I think it makes me look short - something I don't need since I already look about 14 years old!! The only downside is that the silky lining in the skirt doesn't stay in place very well, it could do with a few more stitches to stop it shifting around when you move. Overall, the dress is beautifully elegant and perfect for seasonal parties and occasions. 

Similar here or here






2. Pink Bandage Contrast Long Sleeve Bodycon / Missguided / £25

This dress is a really odd material, very thick and well structured so it is good for keeping you warm and its gonna hide any lumps and bumps, creating a beautiful silhouette. The striped panels are even more elongating and the blush pink and purples are hot colours at the moment. Something, I think is going to be sticking around for a while. Again, it is a nice length and think a ring necklace would make this outfit. Excuse my hair in these shots, slightly gross and needing a wash!  




I love this two piece so much! Anything pleated, give me right now! This does stray from my no skin rule, and therefore I think this is more of a summer outfit, but I just love it. I really wish Pink Boutique did smaller sizes as this is an 8 and is too big for me in all honesty. The leg length is also very long, even with 6 inch heels you'd need to take the bottoms up. It is a very baggy look, so I think the size is okay, especially for feeling cooler in summer. The back of the top is exposed, a tie simply doing up at the back, so there really is a lot of skin bared with this piece. It also comes in blush pink which is what I really wanted but my size wasn't in stock and an electric blue.




4. Addiction Gold Sheer Embroidered Crop Top / Pink Boutique / £19
Flirtation Gold Embroidered Mini Skirt / Pink Boutique / £25

I love this little set! Very similar to the first dress with the champagne embroidery and netting but also has the same shifting around of the skirt lining which is a bit annoying. I think the lining could do with being a bit longer. I think this is a cute outfit for nights out all year round. It could even be separated to go with other pieces. Pink Boutique also do a halter neck top and also a black version, have a look at their 'two piece' section for all of the variations of this piece.



5. Versacia Nude Lace Bardot Mini Dress / Pink Boutique / £35

This is a really cute dress for a special occasion, I think like a wedding or something. As I said I don't really go much on longer dresses but I surprisingly like this one. I think the mesh below the min thigh makes the difference because it isn't solid material, you can still see my legs. The colour is a very pale pink/nude which is really soft and I think would look lush with a bit of tan. The lace detail all over it is very soft and can easily pull so I'm gonna have to be careful with that. I like the V neck line, I feel most dresses that have a V tend to fall so low down, it is just no good for my little boobs. This one is the perfect V that I can get away with, I can even choose between wearing a bra or not.




6. Lovefool Blush Bardot Frill 3/4 Sleeve Mini Dress / Pink Boutique / £25

I think this is a really good, simple dress for the odd night out or social gathering when you don't know what to wear. I love the blush pink colour and the material doesn't feel cheap and nasty. Frills are big this year and I love the exaggerated frill detail here. It's great that it is a bardot, a really flattering cut, but also allows you to cover up the top of your arms with the big frills - a good transition from winter to spring I feel. Again, PB don't do smaller sizes in this style so it is a little big for me, the sleeves are elastic but don't feel tight enough to hold them where I want them to sit. The bardot sleeves do tend to fall down with movement which is a shame. Overall, I think everyone needs a simple dress like this in their wardrobe, it is an easy way to get a bit of fashionable frill into your closet without going overboard.

So that's my roundup of 6 pieces I would wear to a party of occasion this side of Christmas. Some of these picks can even take you into spring/summer too which I think is a great investment and money saver. I'm especially loving two piece sets as you can really mix them up to create different looks. I'd not heard of Pink Boutique until quite recently, they have some really lovely pieces on there at reasonable prices so I urge anyone to take a look there if you're stuck for inspo. Hot looks for the coming months are definitely frills and blush tones and I think pleats are gonna carry on through as well.


You Might Also Like

0 comments