Primark Haul: January 30th 2017

12:00



I walk through Primark every time I go to work so I've been itching to have a look around and especially since lots of bloggers have been boasting of their amazing finds in there lately. So I'm gonna join the club and share my finds with you all now! My total spend came to around £50 which I think is bloody good because I got pretty much everything I wanted. I was careful not to impulse buy and actually went in looking for certain pieces, which I'm proud of haha. All prices are listed at the bottom of the post and I bought these just this week on the 30th to give you an idea if you can still get these. Enjoy!


I'll start by mentioning the make up brush thing. I don't know what they are actually called, but they seem super popular at the moment. I have the larger one from Primark and omg it is amazing! I thought my RT blending sponge was a god send but I feel the brushes may actually top it. I hate how the sponge gets saturated with product, yuck. Anyway, I loved the larger one so much I wanted a smaller one to get around my nose and eyes. I have lash extensions so the bigger brush kind of got in the way of them. I was surprised to find Primark did more than one size, I think they do about three, so this will make applying foundation a whole lot easier for me. 



I spotted these little delights for the first time. They're lip crayons and come in three metallic colours - gold, rose gold and brown. I'm definitely going to be going back for the brown as I am in love with these, I can't believe they are from Primark! The rose is a beautiful colour, it is really flattering, my best friend got it as well and I think it looked flattering on her too, so I'm sure it would suit a lot of people. They also feel very moisturising and not at all drying. I like the gold to go on top of other lipsticks to add a metallic shine. I think both of these would be great for using as eyeshadows as well. 


I've seen a lot of Instagram people with these aviator style prescription glasses, so I wanted to see what I'd look like in them so picked these up for a couple quid just to try. I think with the right make up these look really cool. I have a voucher for Specsavers, even though I just got new glasses, so I may see what glasses they have so I can put my actual prescription in them. A great buy if you just wanna mess around with selfies and stuff. 


I've been after a big bottle like this to take to work for ages now and I just haven't found one that really grabbed me, I know it isn't the most important issue in the world, but I just wanted a nice one haha. So when I saw this Beauty and the Beast one, I knew I needed it, it just made me laugh so much. I love a good pun. 

I've never really worn chokers before but this grey velvet effect one caught my eye. I think it is a little more subtle than starting with a black one as I'm not used to them yet. The lace detailing is really pretty too, I think it could make a plain jumper or top a little more special and a modern alternative to a necklace. 


I'm really loving sweatshirts at the moment. I think they're great for layering to create a smarter look or just for being cosy in. By sweater I mean this kind of smooth, fine knit material, not a knitted jumper. I know loungewear is really popular at the moment and this is my nod towards that. I'm loving grey and the white detailing and I like that it mentions New York because that is one of my most favourite places on earth. I don't like buying slogan clothing just for the sake of it, slogans like "I woke up like this" or "so-in-so goals" just repulse me haha! Also, when did Primark start doing size 4s? This is great.



I have to walk through Primark every day to get to work and each time this little top has caught my eye. Frills are really big this season and again, since I'm not used to them at the moment I think this is a really cute. subtle way to introduce frills to my wardrobe. I don't really wanna over do the frills and end up looking like I've come straight out of the Victorian age. This is a very nude, peach colour, it was also available in pale cream and grey, both of which I may have to go back for. It is a very thin, stretchy material so I can imagine it will go out of shape quickly, but it was inexpensive. 


I've seen this jumper around Instagram as well and I'm surprised I actually managed to find it in my local Primark in Plymouth. It is very similar to a jumper I wanted from TopShop that had unfortunately sold out, so this is what initially attracted me to this jumper. Again, I just love the pastel pink, I am so glad this colour is so hot right now as I've always loved pastel pinks. The material of this jumper is kind of weird, I don't know how to describe it, sort of a very fine, slightly rough fleece material. I think it may go bobbly and out of shape quickly but we shall see. 




I've been after a pinafore for so, so long and this one is almost exactly what I've been after! I actually wanted a pinafore short dress so I could wear it with tights while it is still chilly but this one is more of a wide leg jumpsuit and I'm not sure how I feel about it. The leg length is sort of three quarters, which is lovely but I think it will be a bit too cold to wear without tights as your ankles are gonna be exposed, and I think it would look odd with tights. So I'm not overly sure about the length of it, I may need to take it up. But, how gorgeous the top section will look with shirts, jumpers, sweats! I've paired it here with the two tops I mentioned before and I'm loving it. It is just a shame about the length not being exactly what I wanted. 

Prices / All Primark
Small makeup brush / £2.50
Metallic lip crayons / £2 each
Gold aviator glasses / £2
Beast Mode bottle / £4
Bow choker / £2
Grey sweatshirt / £5
Frill neck jumper / £8
Pink check jumper / £12
Pinafore culottes / £15


You Might Also Like

0 comments