MARCH FAVOURITES

21:58




1. Nivea Men Sensitive Post Shave Balm.
This one shouldn't really be in the March favourites as I purchased it quite a while ago but I've not blogged about it before and I'm still loving it in March, so... I've seen you can buy this all over the place, the cheapest shop I've found it in is Wilko, where it is about £2 something and Boots is probably the most expensive, retailing at about £5. Ok, so if you're reading this and thinking why the heck has she bough that or contemplating how often I shave my beard, I should probably mention that I actually use it as a primer. There has been a big hype among the blogging and beauty world about this product being as good as top qual brands etc etc, whilst I don't think it has powers to that extent, my foundation does appear to go on smoother. I guess essentially it is acting as a moisturising layer to the skin? I still like to use another primer on my T-zone but the balm is excellent for coverage on other areas if I don't want to use more expensive primers every day. 



2. Scott Cornwall Colour Restore 'Iced Platinum'.
I love this product! I previously used A Touch of Silver purple shampoo but I find the Scott Cornwall treatment gives a more instant and lasting effect. It's a bright bluey-purple which was a tad scary when I saw it for the first time, I definitely was not after a blue rinse. But this is apparently opposite to yellow on the colour wheel so therefore counteracts brassy tones in the hair. I'm not gonna pretend I know what I'm talking about, but that seems to be the idea and an appealing idea at that. 

The ombre in my hair has kind of been cut out now but what's left of it has gone a lovely ice blond, getting darker - and not yellowy, orange! - as it gets to the roots which are a dark blonde. There are several different treatment options, I tend to use the 20 minute deep treatment to get the colour I want then touch up every so often with the 5 minute treatment. It isn't permanent so you will need to maintain it. The resealable bottle is great for this, most products like to give you one sachet with far too much stuff in for one use so you will have to go buy another one next time. Meanies! I also like to use the A Touch of Silver purple shamp about once a week to help keep the pesky brassy tones at bay. 





3. Physician's Formula Happy Booster!
Isn't the title perfect? I don't know why it is called a Happy Booster, but lets never question why something is happy! This little product boosts the happiness of your skin in the form of a bronzer. The adorable little heart shaped nuggets of happy bronzing powder are not the most pigmented little things but this is actually kind of good. Most bronzers are soo heavily pigmented, just a single swish in the wrong direction can result in patchy hell. Whereas this one you can use either of the two applicators to apply subtle amounts of summery glow and build it up. Even though I bought this without researching the product at all, I simply had to have it if only for the cute packaging! I also found this in TK Maxx which never, ever tend to stock any decent make-up, I've never even seen PF before, so I had to pick it up! 

TK Maxx / £3.99

4. Umberto Giannini Curl Friends Scrunching Jelly.
I've had this product several years ago and have become reunited with my old friend this month. I went off jelly based products as they can make the hair feel crispy or greasy if too much is used. However, I thought I'd give it another go as I'm going through one of those bad hair months(/years..) and I will desperately try anything!! This time around I feel I've mastered the perfect amount of product to put on my hair. I tend to use a pea size amount on wet hair and possibly another dollop of this or serum on the ends, where I tend to have the most trouble with frizz. I simply rake this through with my fingers and braid or scrunch it in if I'm letting it dry naturally. I quite like the smell, it's subtle and not overpowering. Once dry, I cannot feel the product in my hair so none of that crispy texture with the added benefit of taming my curls - brill! 

I bought this product as two minis as it was cheaper at the time to do this. Also handy for travel. The link for the full size product is below.


5. Clinique Superdefense SPF20 Daily Moisturiser.
I'm such a huge fan of Clinique, probably over 80% of my beauty products are from this brand. I find them so trustworthy and everything the packaging says the product will do, the product genuinely delivers. As does this moisturiser! I always use a moisturiser with an SPF and this one having such a high factor of 20 is perfect. The consistency is really thick so it is obviously super moisturising to the skin but as soon as it is applied it is weightless and like I haven't got it on. It provides an excellent base for my make-up and prevents drying out or cracking on areas of my skin. 



6. Freedom Eyebrow Pomade.
March favourite? More like whole year favourite! I love a pomade, admittedly I was a little late to jump on the bandwagon with these delights but I was very much stuck in my ways using my trusty powdered eyebrow products. I feel a pomade allows much more freedom with application and reduces any fallout. 

I use 'Ash Brown' and I have fair skin and dark to bleach ombre blond hair.


7. Anastasia Beverly Hills #15 Angled Brush.
A perfect accompaniment to the Freedom Pomade is this little brush. Soft bristles but firm enough for perfect control. The very thin brush is ideal for creating a highly defined arch or the illusion of more individual hairs for a more natural brow. Love this brush, it is a tool I would not be without!



8. Make-up Academy Whipped Velvet Lips.
I only discovered this product last month in search for cheaper alternatives to other liquid lip lacquers. Whilst it is not strictly matt, it dries into a beautifully smooth lip colour - hence 'velvet'. It feels really lovely on the lips. I like shade 'Spry', a subtle nude. It is a great product to keep in your handbag on nights out as it won't break the bank if it is lost or broken.



9. ZOEVA Rose Golden Brush Set
I am in loooove with these babies! They are soft, firm, pick up product well, excellent for applying and blending and not to mention they look absolutely gorgeous! A pricey investment so it is definitely worth purchasing a good brush cleaner to keep them in tip-top condition!



10. Primark Grey Check Jacket
I'd been after a long grey jacket/coat for ages, I think I kind of missed the boat as I should have got one in the height of winter. So I was pleased to find this one in Primark. It is just above my knee, does not fasten and has inbuilt shoulder pads for structure. I like the check but it does make it limited with what I can wear under it, so I tend to pair it with plain, patternless items. 

Primark / £20




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Physician's Formula has been on my radar for ages but have no idea where to get my hands on it without the ridiculous postage costs from the states! I really want to try the butter bronzer so I'm going to have to peruse my TK Maxx and fingers crossed!I love my Zoeva brush set, they are actually really good value for money and the quality is stunning! I adore your primark coat as well! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete