Last minute Mother's Day gifts under £10

22:12


If you're like me and pretty skint at the moment and leave everything to the last minute have a look below at some of my last minute Mother's Day gift finds and ideas that won't break the bank.

So for my Mum this year, I'm giving her a box of small goodies, each ranging from £1-£5. I think it's a really thoughtful idea as you can purchase lots of little bits and bobs you know your Mum will love or love to try, whilst keeping costs down. It's easy to get carried away with this idea as it's quite tempting to buy anything that's under three quid without thinking about if Mum would actually like/use it, which would be a waste of money!


I had this box at home already, I received it for Christmas ages ago filled with Fearne Cotton's beauty rang (it wasn't from my Mum lol) and it's just been sat in the back of my wardrobe so it is in perfect condition and really pretty. My Mum always finds any kind of storage really useful so it's a constructive gift in itself! You could also buy a nice gift box from Clintons, wrap an old box in some wrapping paper or even a Kilner jar - again, more useful than a flimsy gift bag.

So what about filling it? Need I even suggest Primark?! I didn't want to get my Mum clothes or anything from there as she's fussy with sizes etc so I came across this bag-for-life for £1.50. I've noticed when my Mum and I go in town she always brings an old plastic store bag with her to put her shopping in so I know this would be a useful little gift. The range of designs are pretty cute too.

£1.50 Primark
Next I raided Boots! Superdrug would have probably been even more cost friendly. Here I picked up a tube of CARMEX lip salve. I have one myself and I love it, it makes your lips tingle and leaves them feeling really soft and crack-free. I also find it's a good base for lipstick.

£2.69 Boots / £2 Primark
I also got a mini tube of Soap & Glory's Hand Food hand cream. My mum loves hand cream, so this was a no-brainer. Even if you're not sure if your Mum would use this, it might be worth giving her something similar to try as it is really good to look after your hands (and it smells so good!). I know my Mum hasn't tried this one and S&G is a trusted brand so I know she'd love this stuff.

£2.50 Boots

Again, she's not tried this BUTTER YOURSELF S&G body butter. I love this cream,  it's thick and really indulgent! Cream is something all Mums love!

£2.50 Boots
And finally in Boots I grabbed one of Aussie's 3 minute miracle sachets. I would have got her the full size but it would't fit in the box! My Mum usually has the colour repair one, but I got the reconstructor for a change. The sachet is a good size to see if you like it. This one was on offer in Boots at just 83p!


Newlook is another good place to go to for small gifts. Especially for their sale jewellery, which is always really good value and contains a really good stock range - I could have spent a fortune! My Mum and I have similar tastes so it was easy enough to pick this adorable flying bug ring at £4 for her!

£3.99 Re-born @ New Look (1/2 price sale)
I have a shellac UV kit and I often treat my Mum to a set so I've ordered her a shellac polish (I use Bluesky which is around £5) in a lovely colour I know she's been itching to get. This hasn't actually arrived yet, so I'm hoping it will come before Sunday! If you use regular polish, that could be a good and relatively inexpensive item to add to your gift box. Here are a few I picked up recently:

£3 No7 / £4 Barry M / £3.99 Max Factor / £2 Sinful Colours / £7 Sally Hansen / £9 OPI
I made it to a Superdrug today, not intending on buying anything for my Mum's box but I saw this eye shadow trio from MUA and remember she pointed it out to me one time. These are neutral colours so if you're not sure what shades your Mum prefers, you can't really go wrong with this kind of pallet. I'm a big fan of MUA for its professional quality and low prices. I also picked up the make-up remover from Nivea which I know my Mum uses regularly - it's handy to have spares!

£2.50 MUA @ Superdrug
£2.39 Superdrug (Special offer)
You can then begin to organise everything into your box or jar! If your box is too big you can always cushion the bottom with tissue paper.

Not to go in the box, but I think it's pretty standard to buy your Mum flowers on Mother's Day! I got these beautiful pink roses at my local fresh fruit and veg shop for just three quid. They can be kept indoors on the kitchen table or mantle piece which is handy for time of year. Not to go in the box, but I think it's pretty standard to buy your Mum flowers on Mother's Day! I got these beautiful pink roses at my local fresh fruit and veg shop for just three quid. They can be kept indoors on the kitchen table or mantle piece which is handy for time of year. 



And what about a card? Card Factory! Yes Clintons has some beautiful hand made cards but they're just cards! They get thrown in the bin after a few days on the fire place so I don't see any point in spending ridiculous amounts on cards! The Card Factory actually has some really lovely square shaped Mother's Day cards this year in plenty of designs. I chose this one as it matches our living room!

£1.99 Card Factory
Here are a few more small and cheap ideas for what you can get your Mummy:
- Mini perfume sample (potentially free if you ask the sales assistant nicely)
- Make up brushes from Wilko (start at £3)
- Poundshop chocolates wrapped in tissue paper (£1+)
- Note pad/list book/organiser (See Paperchase)
- Candles or throw cushions from Primark
- Make your own throw cushion (buy some fabric from eBay/local fabic shop and follow a simple "make a cushion" tutorial on Pinterest for an easy, low budget, personal gift!)
- A five year Q&A journal (Amazon 1 day delivery)
- Phone case
- Card Factory have some cute home-wear items under £10
- An idea for the future is to purchase some bits in sale periods. I find Next especially good for this as their gifty products are known for being really good quality and you can grab these for some great prices after the Christmas or Summer sales. I got this watch last time at £12 down from £25. I like to have a bag of sale gifts in my wardrobe for emergency presents too.



Hopefully these ideas might help you grab your Mum a cute last minute, inexpensive Mother's Day gift - she'll never know!

Beth x

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13812867/?claim=77db9ts5vaj">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wonderful post...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete