Easy, creative gift idea

23:37


After spending a significant amount on my best friend's main birthday presents for her 21st, I wanted to giver her something else that was unique, creative and low cost. So I made this 'L' bedroom ornament for just £2.99 using a wooden letter from eBay and some pretty crafty bits I had lying around at home! Read on to see how this quick and easy gift is achieved!



First of all I purchased the first letter of my best friend's name sculpted out of wood. You can get these in places like Hobby Craft and The Range but I got this one on eBay for £2.99, free postage.

Wooden letter 'L' / eBay £2.99

I didn't have to buy anything else as I have a huge craft box at home from when I did Art GCSE and A Level - I knew saving all these bits and bobs would come in handy one day! I think it's best to think of a theme you want to base your letter on. I chose the colours of my best friend's bedroom - white and pinks. Collect together a rang of different things you can stick on and you'll need some PVA glue. Here I've got things like glitter, ribbon and card pieces pulled off old birthday cards.



I didn't want the  background to be white, so I drew around some pink paper from the inside of a card, cut it out and stuck it on like this. Make sure you use as little glue as possible!


I pressed the letter under a heavy book to make sure it was even, stuck well and there was no bubbles in the paper. I only had to leave this on for a minute or so.


Now for the fun part! Start arranging the different textured pieces until you're happy with them...


Stick on the pieces and coat with a clear coat of varnish and you're done! Here's my finished 'L'


If you're stuck for ideas, type "wooden letters" into Pinterest!

Beth x

You Might Also Like

0 comments