Improving my dry, pore ridden, spot prone skin with Bean Burst Coffee Scrub

15:44


The issue
I've always had really bad skin on my chest area, usually manifesting itself as being very dry, rough, raised pores and prone to break outs. I like to use tanning products in the summer months and I always dread putting it on my skin as the dryness makes it go super patchy looks almost cracked as it clogs my already clogged pores and dry skin. I do often feel self conscious about this area of my skin and like to choose high neck clothing to cover it up. Which actually makes it worse in the long run. To note, I've never come across anyone with the same skin problem as me and I've never spoke about it before.

I've tried almost every product to try sort it out, from creams and lotions to Sudocrem, pore cleansers, spot treatments and blemish gels. I should probably take a visit to the doctor/dermatologist to see if they could give me stronger creams or something to help but it is just finding the time! 

Whilst giving the area a good scrub with a poofy bath scrunchy thingy.. (yeah I don't know the name...) and some exfoliating scrub, followed by loading on the cleanser and creams does make the area feel smoother, it does make my skin very irritated and inflamed and barely lasts a couple hours. This proves an issue when applying fake tan as it would require a heck of a lot of time to maintain this smoothness to allow the tan to sit well. Everyone knows, scrubbing removes the tan and then my chest would look different from my shoulders and arms - meaning I'd basically have to re-do my whole body with tan everyday and just.. no, it's far too much faff. 


Introducing Bean Burst Coffee Srub
I've been using Bean Burst's coffee scrub in the Grapefruit Blend for about 3-4 weeks, and I have noticed a significant difference. I do like to ensure my reviews are 100% honest, so I'll point out that the product did not reduce the look of the pores. Basically, you can not really see them, they are skin coloured, unless in a certain light, so I do remind myself of this when feeling a little unconfident about my skin because chances are no one will actually see the problem! However, it is such a great scrub! As another side note, I have altered my whole routine so collectively several products are helping with the skin issue, which I will talk about shortly. The scrub is made of coffee and all natural ingredients and several nourishing oils.  Oil. I have found out that this is the key ingredient I need to help with my skin problem. The skin is extremely dry and I can't think of anything more moisturising than essential oils, so I think this is why the coffee scrub works better than other scrubs I've tried in the past. The scub is also useful for reducing to appearence of scars and other skin imprefections, so do give it a go



The routine
So, I want an even, soft bronze glow. I hope in the shower with my Bean Burst scrub and using a gentle exfoliating glove I gently buff the coffee granules over my skin in small circular motions. The reason for using the glove not only adds extra exfoliation but also protects my hand from being scrubbed within an inch of its life. You'd probably want to do this if you are applying the scrub to your whole body as by the time you're done, I found, the skin on my hands had began to very slightly peel. The skin on my palms is quite delicate so I don't like to over do it there, I'm happy to just use some hand cream. Anyway, once I'm all buffed and smooth, I rinse all of the coffee off very thoroughly. The weeny little coffee granules can get in every bloody nook and cranny...(!!) so you do need to make sure you get it all off! After one application my skin feels literally soooo soft and not only soft but moisturised too due to the heavenly oils in the scrub, which is a feeling I don't tend to get from other products I've tried. 

Whilst still in the shower, I like to apply an antibacterial scrub or soap to eliminate any spot causing bacteria that may be left behind. I use Clearasil's Rapid Action Scrub, other Clearasil products or Clean & Clear's facial scrubs and wash off treatments as these brands are great for controlling spots and tend to be fairly gentle.

Once dry, my chest feels noticeably smoother, less irritated and feeling a lot fresher. I actually only need to apply the coffee scrub once a week because it is so effective and by using the following products to maintain the effects. 

Secondly, I've turned to Bio Oil to inject some more of those glorious oils into my skin and use a spot-on spot treatment from Clean & Clear to clear up any present spots. This is really effective at drying out and reducing the size and redness of the spot in just a few hours. 

When I'm ready for fake tan - usually the evening or day after to allow the Bio Oil to do its work, I turn to Bondi Sand's Liquid Gold Dry Oil. This is the best fake tan I have ever tried, and I've tried Fake Bake, St. Tropez, Cocobrown - the lot! I will be doing a full review of this product soon so keep an eye out. I was drawn to it because of my new found love for oils, so an oil based fake tan seemed completely perfect! You'll have to wait for the full review, but I get no clinging to dry patches, an even coverage and a long lasting glow. I like to add a moisturiser to my chest before and after the application to ensure it is even but it always is and is working super well. It even contributes to eliminating the dryness by being an oil. 




The verdict
I believe, whether you have got problem skin like me or not, the basis of a good fake tan starts with a good base. The first picture above was taken before I used Bean Burst for the first time and the second was taken a few days ago having used my new routine for about 3-4 weeks. The second photo you can see my skin is much clearer, less spots and I felt it was in much better condition to apply fake tan onto. Remember, this was the effect after using this routine for the first time too, so it is really effective immediately and preventing nasty spots. It is not perfect but it is vast improvement to me and I am personally much happier about my skin. I really love and recommend Bean Burst's Coffee Scrub for a revolutionary way to buff and moisturise your body. Whilst I wouldn't get oil based products anywhere near my face as it is very combination, I feel I have found a breakthrough ingredient to assist with the dryness on my chest. This is definitely down to the kind people behind Bean Burst who introduced me to the coffee scrub and got me hooked on essential oils! 


Also try
All Three - £28

Make sure you're following Bean Burst UK on social media for offers, competitions and updates:
Facebook // Instagram // Twitter // Pinterest





You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I absolutely loved reading your review of this coffee scrub, it's written so honestly and I feel like I've gotten a good perspective of it. I'm a bit like you, I do get bad skin on my chest area at time and it is a little uncomfortable when wearing lower cut tops! I like your advice of using an exfoliating glove when applying the coffee scrub, that's such a useful tip to know - I'd proper end up scrubbing my hands off! I am more than tempted to try out a coffee scrub now, so thank you! xx

    http://leonnilittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm SO pleased you enjoyed it and thank you for the lovely comments! It is also great to hear of someone with a similar skin problem! I hope it helps you if you choose to go for a scrub/routine like this. About the glove, I almost did just that before I had a mini brain wave moment!! Thanks again hun xx

      Delete