Contour & Highlight of the year

23:33


A pretty big claim, I know but I thank my lucky stars a came across my dream contour and highlight duo this year! I turn to these every day with a subtle flick of my brush or create deeper more defined contouring with heavier use of the super pigmented product. Read on for my thoughts, uses and review of these fabulous pair.










Highlight not blended
Highlight blended

Bronzer not blended
Bronzer blended





Introducing New CID Cosmetics
I was recently introduced to New CID products by my lovely friend, Katie who is a My Showcase representative stylist. My Showcase helps up and coming beauty brands reach a wider audience through stylists who create their own business by offering select products to customers through online shopping and make-up parties. I picked up these two contour products from Katie which I fell in love with immediately after searching for the perfect combo for yonks.

i-glow mini
As you can see from the photos above this highlighter is completely gorgeous! I'd say it is very similar to Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Champagne Pop and Laura Mercier Radiance Baked Body Bronzer in Bronzed Copper, but cheaper - winning! The first swatch has been picked up by gently touching the product with my finger tips and transferring it to my skin, you can see how well pigmented the hightlight is. The second swatch shows how I have lightly blended out the product, which easily blends out harsh lines for a natural finish. I like to apply the product to my face using Eco Tools' Skin Perfecting Brush - a quick dab and a sweep across my cheek bones gives the perfect coverage. Colour wise, previous highlights I've tried have all been too dark or unnaturally white. The gold and champagne tones of the i-glow sit perfectly with my skin tone and regular foundation (Clinique Even Better in Ivory) to give a subtle radiant summer glow. 

i-bronze mini
Oh goodness, FINALLY. What does it take to get a brown, non-orangey bronzer these days?! Apparently several years of going through stages of Umpaloompa-ism and overly Essex-ified - that's what. I thought I'd found my knight in shining armour in the form of Benefit's Hoola but I feel that is even slightly orange based compared to CID. So, onto CID i-bronze! It's a swirly, chocolately, velvet lushness for carving the most naturally crafted shadowy cheek bones! As you can see from my swatches above, a small dab onto the product gets tons of pick up so a little really does go a long way which is why I opted for the mini rather than the full size version. The third swatch shows how I blended the product into my skin with just my finger tips. As you can see there are still some harsh lines which are not ideal for creating natural shadowing so a really soft fluffy brush is required to blend the product effectively. 

In the pictures, I probably over did the whole contour thang so the camera would pick it up, little did I know the camera kind of picked it up TOO well... So for every day wear I wouldn't put this much on, but it just goes to show how pigmented the pair of them are. I also like to apply a very light amount of the bronzer down the sides of my nose and temples and the highlighter on my brow bone, inner eyes and cupid's bow. Don't need no extra shine on my nose - that comes naturally...

If you'd like to get hold of some CID products and give these a whirl, get in contact with Katie or browse her online website using the links below:

Facebook page / katiesarahlea@hotmail.com / My Showcase website /


New CID i-bronze / £16 
New CID i-glow / £16

I also recommend
 




You Might Also Like

0 comments