REVIEW: MY DRESSING TABLE

22:38


 I've never had a proper girly dressing table before, I've always had desks or just used the mirrors on my wardrobe doors. I was thrilled when I received this beautiful dressing table from the Belgravia Range from Melody Mansion. They sell all sorts of stunning shabby chic furniture, gifts and accessories at really good prices! I bought the mirror separately (as I already had it) and received the table and stool together as it was cheaper to do so. You can buy these two together for £130.95 here. You can also buy the whole set for £185.95 which works out cheaper still. 



The issue with cream is dirt. I put down the gold plastic sheet I got from Amazon to catch any make up spills but somehow my make up tends to avoid the plastic and is determined to land on the cream table?? Brill. So the table starts looking scruffy really easily if you're a mucky pup like me. However, I find the best way to sort this is to use some good old Cif and a sponge to wipe the surface clean. It doesn't seem to affect the colour of the paint and it always comes up a treat! I usually do this at least once a week to keep it as new looking as possible! Wondering if you could get a matte finish varnish to protect the wood and paintwork a bit more?


I already had this mirror, bought from Melody Mansion also. I had to put it together and it can be adjusted using the metal thingys on the sides. The wood is a little soft, so screwing the thingys in too tight will probably damage the wooden frame and make it weak, but that's the only down side. It's great for the price. It's slightly distressed looking which matches my bedroom and the other items in the collection. 

£56.95 on its own / Melody Mansion 




I added the gem myself :P


The handles are distressed metal and seem to be secured firmly. I love the design, really French and interesting rather than a regular round knob. 


I bought the stool and the dressing table together, which was cheaper than buying them separate. You have to screw on the legs yourself, I think each leg used about two or three screws. However, it doesn't feel like the most sturdy stool ever, it does creek slightly! I did use it to stand on the other day and was surprised it held my full weight... and the padding has kind of shaped to my bum lol! So it's a put lumpy now rather than domed like it was and not so comfortable to sit on. Also the material has gone bobbly which doesn't look so nice but I'm sure you can change the fabric if it gets really bad! Though it's absolutely functional as a dressing table stool as I only tend to sit there to do my make up in the mornings. 

Bits & bobs I keep on my dressing table.


Make up brushes in a cute pot from John Lewis and a gold shaving mirror my dad gave to me! Extremely handy!


I got this little clock from The Card Factory for £2.99!


I have two of these tea light holders either side of the mirror from Dunelm Mill. Inside I've got battery operated tea light candles from Next - I hate fire and candles so these are perfect for me, they flicker randomly like real candles and look perfectly realistic when dropped into a holder that is deeper than they are tall. 


A shell..... From a beach store... It's pretty, ok!


These drawers and from Dunelm Mill, £9.99. I keep my fave lipsticks, hair bands/grips and some rings in these. The little figurines on top are actually erasers (though they're far too cute for that purpose) and are from Paperchase at £1 each! The pictures are printed out from my computer.


B x

You Might Also Like

0 comments