How to achieve easy brows ft. BPerfect

12:13







As most people are aware, killer brows are a hot trend lately and one I am definitely following. I often find myself only doing my brows in the morning and leaving the rest of my face make-up free because of the huge impact a pair of beaut brows can make. 

Being a self confessed brow lover, I'm always on the look out for new brow products to try to help me achieve that ultimate flawless look. I am however, careful with what I choose. I started with using pencils but I felt they gave a far too harsh line and I could never find a shade that wasn't too dark or else wasn't a nasty orange-y brown, you know the kind? I like my brows to look defined and well groomed as well as looking as natural as possible. I hate nothing more than seeing a pair of solid filled in lines on a sestra's face, it makes me sad. So I then turned to a pomade by Freedom before upgrading to a ABH dipbrow. I hadn't really used powders other than to alter the colour of the orange tinged brow pencil. 

Upon receiving BPerfect's Eyebrow Make-up Kit, which is a semi-permanent eyebrow powder, I was super interested to try a powder based brow product properly. I chose the dark brown shade. Even though my hair is blonde, naturally the roots underneath are quite dark so I like to match that colour. Plus, I like to build up colour by applying light layers which is not a problem if you have a darker shade. 

Included templates.
The kit comes with three different sized brow templates, something else I've never used before. I think these templates are great if you are new to sculpting your brows and want a fast and simple way to get your brows looking even. You simply place the stencil on your brow and I dabbed the product over it, building the product up in appropriate places. The only thing I don't like about the stencils is the finish the inner eye section gives. I like to gently fade out and blend out the product the closer I get to my nose, I feel this looks natural as brows naturally tend to get more sparse there. I found achieving this difficult with the stencils so I stopped using the stencil a bit before and created the fade with a brush. 

Included brush.
In the kit you get a handy double ended brush. One end is fluffy and round, great for the initial dabbing on of the product over the stencil, and the other end is a thinner end I used for building colour in precise areas. The only negative with the brush is that I prefer a much thinner angled brush to achieve a more precise outline that I can then blend out. I also like a thinner brush for the inner eye area to help create the look of actual brow hairs, which is something that I could not create with this product and brush. 

Onto the actual powder make-up.
Despite the minor negatives, the main star of the show, the powdered product, is a stunner. The powder is waterproof and smudge-proof giving it excellent staying power, something I didn't expect from a powder. I really like the colour, which I was worried was going to appear too orange but it is a lovely natural brown colour. Again, I went with the dark brown which I think would suit dark blondes to medium brown hair colours. The pigment is really lovely too, it is very smooth and silky and you can see the colour pay off in my swatch above. It obviously is not as pigmented as a pomade but I like that this means you can build up the colour. That is the beauty with powder, you can really take your time building colour and sculpting the brows you want. With a pomade or gel, you are racing against time to get it right before it sets. I think this product is definitely a great one for those just starting to fill in their brows due to the helpful stencils and easy blending abilities of the powder make-up. If you are at a bit of a lost end with your brows and the pesky things are not behaving, the BPerfect kit could give you a hand with getting them in order again. 

Overall thoughts.
Being a ritualised pomade user, BPerfect's Eyebrow Makeup Kit has definitely happily reintroduced me to powdered brow products. I really like the level of pigment, it is not heavy but it is enough to easily build. I like that you can spend as long as you need creating your brows without the product clumping or drying out - definitely a good pointer for brow newbies. I found wetting the brush made the product go on even smoother and more precisely, especially in the inner eye area - check out my selfie below! The stencils are fab if you wanna slap on a quick pair of even looking brows and great for using until your confidence grows in brow sculpting. I am not a huge fan of the brush, I like to use my ABH angled brush with this product. Although the BPerfect Eyebrow Makeup Kit has changed my opinions of powdered product, I still prefer the precision I can achieve with a pomade, but will continue to use this product to change up my makeup bag.


c/o BPerfect Cosmetics / Eyebrow Makeup Kit / £24.99

BPerfect also do a range of other cosmetics including a 10 Second Tan which I am really intrigued to try next! 
Don't forget to like BPerfect Cosmetics on Facebook, tweet them on Twitter and discover lots of beauty inspo on their Instagram!

Have you tried any BPerfect products? What product type do you find works best on your brows?




You Might Also Like

1 comments