Urban Decay High Pigment Eye Shadow Review

12:48





This is the first Urban Decay eye shadow I've purchased. I was after a neutral colour from a high quality brand that would work as a base to keep my other eye shadows lasting the whole day. I picked up one of Urban Decay's individual eye shadows in shade 'SELLOUT' from Sephora while I was travelling around America last month. 

This shadow was not exactly what I was expecting. I was after a matte, skin colour shadow, as I said for a base. I guess the lighting in the shop made the tester look different than it actually was. Having said that, I am ever so pleased and happy with the product despite it not meeting my initial expectations regarding colour! 

First of all the shadow is extremely pigmented and 100% met my expectations for a high quality brand. Easily the most pigmented shadow I have probably ever owned! Just one light touch with your finger and the colour pay off is insane. So you may feel the product is a little pricey, but it is clearly going to last a long time. The packet boasts that the shadow is velvety to the touch, highly blendable and long lasting. I completely agree with these claims which is unusual for me. I like to use a really fluffy brush to apply, because it is so pigmented, I use the ZOEVA 142 Concealer Buffer brush for this. As the day goes on, with cheaper shadows and having oily skin, the shadow tends to melt and great a greasy, wet looking line of colour in the creases in my eye lid (not a good look), but thankfully I have seen this lessened greatly. Tip: To completely eliminate this 'melting, wet build up', I simply apply a cheap concealer to my lids after completing my eye shadow look and just blend over the hard line again and my eye shadow make up stays perfectly in place all day and night, it is literally revolutionary for me. Returning to UD, I assume the other colours in their range provide the same pigment too so I stress you guys to try a colour of your choice to take advantage of this super duper shadow! 

As for the colour itself, I mentioned it wasn't what I thought it was. In fact it is this beautiful pearly cream colour that works wonderfully as a light, shimmery base. But even more so, it makes the most gorgeous highlighter! I like to add a little dab on the centre of my eyelid, inner eye corner and brow bone to give a subtle, glowing effect that catches the light beautifully. 

I'm definitely going to be grabbing myself some more of these yummy shadows, are there any particular colours you could recommend? You can get them in the UK, but for the sake of saving a few pound I'm going to do a big order from Sephora which makes delivery to the UK just £6 when you spend £75 plus. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments