INTRODUCING KIKO COSMETICS

11:00


I was only recently introduced to Kiko by other fellow bloggers. I was first attracted to their cream shadows which claim to sit on your face all day. This is a trouble I have with most of my cream shadows, they crease awful after a few hours! So I added a few to my basket to only find I had to spend a minimum of £25... I have to spend £25? Psh, no problem!! Here's what I added and a few of my thoughts about the products.





 1. Cream Crush Eyeshadow
These are absolutely gorgeous! Like I said, I read lots of reviews of these and was completely sold. When they arrived, all three certainly lived up to my expectations! The consistency is creamy but not too hard like some cream based products so it allows for just the right amount of application. I like to build up the product slowly as it is very pigmented and a little spreads a long way. The shadows are exceptionally good wearing, hence the name "lasting colour eyeshadow". I can put them on in the morning and they will stay put all day! Some of my powder shadows are terrible at creasing and looking all greasy by the time I get home (and realise I've looked like this for how long?!) which is such a shame cause I really love the colours. Solution? I like to use a light layer of 04 (Matte Taupe) as my shadow base and apply the powder shadow on top. This helps to prevent the powder from creasing and makes way for a brilliant mix of colours and looks - win win! It's also a great matte colour to use on its own and blended out. I use 01 (Pearly Vintage Rose) as a highlighter to sweep over my brow bone, a little dab on the inners of my eyes to widen and even grab a bigger brush to apply on my cheek bones. It acts as a really nice shimmery, not glittery highlight which is great for me when I want a break from the powdered options. The other colour I have is a deep bronze/brown which is slightly metallic and so pretty for creating depth. This colour is number 06, Pearly Chocolate.

Kiko Cream Cruch Lasting Colour Eyeshadow £6.90




2. Eyebrow Sculpt Automatic Pencil
Seems to be the dupe of the Anastasia Beverly Hills one. It's tip is a sort of triangle and I don't really know why... I've seen videos where the point makes it easier to get right into the corners of the brow for expert precision. However, maybe I'm not doing it quite right but I don't find it to be much more helpful than a standard brow pencil. It may be that the Anastasia one is more pigmented or sharper, I'm not to know as I haven't tried it to compare it. However, this one in 03 Brunettes, provides good colour for my dark blonde to bleach hair and is build-able to achieve a darker colour. Since purchasing this, I now use a pomade and brush so I don't feel the need to use a pencil as well. Having said that, I will still find use for this by storing it in my handbag for on the go emergency touch ups! 

Kiko Eyebrow Sculpt Automatic Pencil £6.90




3. Smooth Temptation Lipstick
I love this! It basically does what it says on the box, it's very smooth and glides on like a dream. It's also build-able in colour which is just another plus to this super-duper lippy. I do find I need to be really careful with application because it's so smooth it is pretty easy to over do the over drawn lip look with this product. It's much easier with a small lip brush to outline before filling in the whole lip. Finally, the colour in 05 Peony is like a naturally pink lip colour which is really lovely to add a splash of natural sass to a nakey pout.

Kiko Smooth Temptation Lipstick £2.30 (sale)




 4. Dark Circle Concealer 
This is a pretty nifty little concealer! I didn't have high hopes as I'm always sceptical about correction products but I was pleasantly surprised. The colour 01 Porcelain colour could be slightly lighter but it's the perfect colour to simply blend into my foundation. While it doesn't brighten on my skin, it does conceal dark circles and doesn't crease or 'go funny'. This is the lightest colour Kiko do in this product so I don't recommend it if you have really pale skin as it will probably be too dark or orangey. As you can see from my swatch it has those undertones. It is really good with baking.

Kiko Dark Circle Fluid Concealer £8.90

Overall my favourite product from this Kiko haul has got to be the Cream Crush Eyeshadows. On my next order I am certainly going to look at getting some more as I love how easily they apply and how long they last without creasing or, basically, without budging. Finally, just a quick nod to the packaging, I think it's really expensive looking and looks great on my desk. I love the simple branding and anything in a box has me hooked from the off haha!











You Might Also Like

0 comments